Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Well-Deserved Vacation ...

OK, the truth is ... taking 30 high school students to NYC wouldn't even come close to being described as a vacation.  In fact, it is probably just the opposite, as rest & relaxation is certainly not on the agenda.  However, a quick break from the current wedding world that has become my own (and those surrounding me) is just what the doctor ordered.

Tomorrow morning, just as I have done 4 years prior (along with my mom & fellow teachers) ... I will chaperone my wide-eyed, anxious Fashion Marketing students to the Big Apple.  And the trip is set to be jam-packed with fashion appointments, a dinner cruise, a trip to the Wax Museum, the Today show, a Broadway show ... and of course, we have to fit in a little retail therapy.  (It would seriously be wrong to visit the city without at least a little shopping ... even if you are saving money for an upcoming event!). 

Our main goal for the trip?  To find my MOB (Mother of the Bride) a few "bridal shower-worthy" dresses ... and as I have posted before, she is no ordinary MOB.  My mom is the most creative, resourceful, imaginative, and dedicated wedding planner I know ... and besides that, she looks less like my mother and more like my sister.  (I get it, I am biased, but we have been asked multiple times throughout this process, and even life in general!).  So in other words ... finding her a few dresses that look appropriate will not be a challenge, especially for an expert shopper like myself! :)

Enjoy the rest of your week - I an sure to be in an empire state of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment