Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Color of the Day

I happen to love the color green.  I always have.  It's probably because of my combination of red hair/green eyes ... as a result, it has always been a good fashion color for me, as opposed to the color red (On a side note - it took me approximately 21 years to even put on a garment that was a shade of red , orange, or pink!  I thought it clashed with the hue of my hair!  Sorry Dad!).  A bright green makes me think of the spring, which is one of my favorite times of the year, and a darker green brings feelings of Christmas, another beloved time of mine.  Regardless, because of my adoration for the color, I have always been fond of St. Patrick's Day.

So, in honor of today's holiday, I must give special recognition to the green dress that my nine beautiful bridesmaids will adorn this June.

These PEAR Colored Dresses with be Paired with Floral Print Shoes!
I now obviously do not need to explain my reasoning behind choosing green as the base color for my wedding.  And it definitely didn't hurt that my maid of honor (and fellow redhead) also looks best and prefers the color green, whether it be emerald, lime, jade, or a shade of pear. 

I hope some of that luck of the irish is in the air on my June wedding day.  In the meantime, Happy St. Patrick's Day & Happy Almost Weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment