Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our Royal Connection

When posting about what I look forward most to the spring yesterday, I inadvertently left off one major event.  I am not quite sure how I did it - I am certainly looking forward to it, and even if I wanted to (which I don't), I couldn't forget it as its details are revealed on every news channel most days of the week.  In fact, as I currently type this entry - the Today show is describing (in length) how Kate Middleton will arrive to Westminster Abbey on April 29th.

So unless you have been living under a rock - you know that I am referring to the upcoming nuptials of Prince William & Kate Middleton.  And I am definitely one of "those" Americans who is beyond fascinated by the royal wedding and the "fairy-tale" story of the couple.  Even if weddings weren't on my brain at the moment ... I would still, without a doubt, be captivated by all of this.  (I admit it.  The book William & Kate: The Royal Love Story is sitting on my bedside table right now.)

My mom (perhaps where I got my love for entertainment news?!) is equally as anxious for William & Kate to tie the knot.  And the truth is - we have a connection to all of this (in our minds, anyway).  My mom & dad were married in the summer of 1981 ... the same summer as Princess Diana & Prince Charles.  Which is ironic, since (obviously) I will be married only 2 months after the current royal couple. 

Regardless - one thing is for sure - I will certainly be glued to the full coverage of the royal wedding less than 38 days away.  Just as my mom did 30 years ago on the day Princess Diana walked down that long aisle ... days before her own wedding to my dad.

PS - How is Kate getting there?  A Rolls Royce.  And then leaving in the same horse drawn carriage that Princess Diana did in 1981.  No connection there.

No comments:

Post a Comment