Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Baskets, Wands, and Quality Time ...

We officially had our flower girl craft extravaganza this past Saturday.  And thanks to my trio of precious, darling little ladies ... it was a success.  All three of the girls are already, at their young ages, true females:  extremely meticulous, detail-oriented, and crafty.  They accomplished a lot, and didn't even want to take a break for a snack in the process ...
  • Dresses - Their plaid, tea-length flower girl attire is in ... and, thanks to Pure English, is quite possibly the cutest I have ever seen.  And although I have pictures, I have to keep something a secret ... so you will just have to wait.  But they are adorable, I promise.  And I wouldn't lie about fashion.
  • Baskets - The girls played a part in adorning the baskets that they will carry down the garden path this June.  There are two green baskets and one pink ... and luckily, there was no controversy when we allowed the girls to choose their preferred color! :)
  • Wands - Perhaps their favorite craft of the day ... the girls made wands for the kids to use when the rest of our wedding guests participate in the sparkler send-off.  This is obviously a much, much safer option.  (Thank goodness my mom thought of this - it seriously would never have crossed my mind and I could have had a major disaster - or some really sad kids.)
  • Picture - Together, the three little artists created a picture of Mr. BB and I for the program.  And their creation could rival some artwork I have seen for sale.  Do I see a future career here?!!

Thank you to Abbey, Kayla, and Isabelle for your help & for taking part in getting ready for the big day!  And more importantly, I value the time you were able to spend together ... I hope as a result of our craft day, that you feel even more involved in the wedding than you already were!

Flower Girls With Their Wands!
With the Girls! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment