Thursday, March 3, 2011

It's Heavenly, Handmade, & All for Her ...

Update to "Wedding Blogging Vocabulary" (That I recently Learned) ...

MOH = Maid Of Honor

My MOH is my abolutely adorable, yet sometimes feisty, little sister.  She is 7 years my junior, currently a sophomore in college, and (as Mr. BB, many of my friends, family & students would tell you) ... I am a little bit obsessed with her.  I miss her terribly and cry each time she leaves to go back to school.  I guess it's because I (and my FI) have literally watched her grow up over the years.  But even though I get sad - I am truly happy & proud of her success at JMU.  If only it was a little closer ... 

So since she is my only sister (and MOH) ... I want to make sure that she feels extra special on my wedding day, and therefore, have been racking my wedding brain to make it happenIn a wedding tradition that certainly dates back before my wedding planning days, the maid of honor will wear a different color, carry another bouquet, or wear an extra piece of jewelry.  However, we are definitely not traditional ...

After many hours of searching online - my sister will have a handmade, hand-dyed (to our green!) vintage inspired headband to wear on my wedding day.  At this point, I would usually include a picture of my recent purchase, but I don't want her to see it yet!  So take my word for it - it's perfect.  And will look perfect on her. 

You will just have to wait & see ...



No comments:

Post a Comment