Thursday, March 10, 2011

They Will Walk Down that Garden Path, Too ...

Mr. BB & I both consider ourselves extremely fortunate to have grown up in large, close families.  And as a result, when deciding on our wedding party, we knew it had to be big.  As previously posted, the total number of our bridesmaids/groomsmen equals 18, in addition to our 3 flower girls and 2 ring bearers.  The more, the merrier, right?  Well, if that statement is true, our wedding day is sure to be merry.

While some brides would rather have a child-free ceremony/reception, I have always felt strongly about our special "little" people playing a large part in our day.  Often, the funniest, most memorable moments come from one of those really cute kid moves (you know the ones I am talking about).  So, when deciding on our flower girls/ring bearers ... it was always an obvious choice for us.  Our 3 flower girls are two of my FI's nieces, Abbey & Isabel, and my cousin, Kayla.  Our adorable "little men" are Abbey's younger brother, Sam, and Kayla's, Aidan.

This weekend, my mom is hosting a flower girl afternoon ... a way to spend time with our little ladies and an opportunity for the girls to have a part in making their own baskets to carry down the aisle!  I love that we get to spend some extra time with them, for them to spend time with each other, & that they are going to feel more a part of this experience.

Here are my girls:


Joe's Nieces:
Isabel & Abbey

My cousin: Kayla
(With her younger brother, Aidan)
I plan to post pictures of their completed baskets (which I am sure will be fabulous!) on Monday ... and the baskets will make their official debut, of course, on June 25th of this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment