Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Honey's Do-List

Although I am (fairly) new to this whole "fiance" arrangement, and have yet to become a wife, I am completely aware and have frequently taken advantage of the honey-do list.  As many of you know (most likely, even more than me), a honey-do list is a list of chores or household repairs that one spouse may make for another, and in most cases, it is the female making the list.  And since I have been living with Mr. BB for the past three years, and have the ultimate Type A personality,  I have much experience in this subject.  There have been many of these lists in our past ... and something tells me there will be more in our future.

Over the past few months, as our June wedding gets closer, my honey-do lists have become almost completely wedding related.  As anyone who has planned a wedding before knows, the planning process tends to take over your life, and often feels like a full time job.  And, most often, it is the bride (who has dreamed of her wedding since she was a little girl) who takes on the majority of the tasks.  Our situation is no different ... and while I admit that I sometimes get frustrated when balancing guest lists, centerpieces, and invitations in between my own teaching career ... for the most part, I have to give Mr. BB credit for his role throughout this experience.  After his own long day at work, he too comes home to help me in any way that he can.  Even more importantly, he has been extremely patient in dealing with me in such a crazy, busy time.

So ... imagine my delight, when, on my way out the door at 6:30 this morning, I noticed this list (in his hand-writing) on his work desk:


Entitled (If You Can't Read It): 
Wedding Things To Do!


He had written his own (wedding) honey do-list!  Impressive, right?  Thank you to Mr. BB, my future husband, for understanding the importance of a list ... but more significantly, for being my emotional rock during the planning of our big day.  Just one of the many reasons that I can't wait to marry you!

2 comments: