Thursday, March 24, 2011

3 Months & A Day

Tomorrow marks exactly 3 months until my June wedding, and last week, the countdown officially hit 100 days!  As a result, things are happening at the Burgundy Bride house!  I am happy (ecstatic even!) to report that projects are being finished, to-do's are being crossed off, and ... money from that wedding account we opened is definitely being spent.  (Thanks again, Mom!).

In the many months since we started planning this celebration, I don't know that it felt real.  Since there was so much to do before this dream could even begin forming into a reality, my mind has been so focused on the little details such as the program, guest favors, and of course, the dress.  But as it gets closer, and the emails start coming in pointing out exactly how close it really is, I am starting to get those little butterflies of joy that feel when you are really looking forward to something.  And yes, obviously, I am really looking forward to this.

I know our hard work is about to pay off, and the greatest part is that at the conclusion of this wedding celebration, I will have a husband!  I think that finally is starting to click ... and as my high school friend, Anne, (who has an upcoming wedding herself!), asked me in her email yesterday - yes, I am so excited I could just explode. :)

1 comment:

  1. Was just checking this for the first time in forever--what a fun surprise to be included :) Three months! (also, this first lady tag is from a blog I was a part of---trying to change it *Anne)

    ReplyDelete