Monday, March 7, 2011

A Bride In A Barn

I know ...  the words bride and barn are not the most likely to end up in the same sentence.  Aside from the obvious alliteration of the B's, brides & barns just simply don't have much in common.  Few little girls fantasize of their dream weddings surrounded by barrels of hay, tractors, & wheat grass.  So while I admit that it is not your ordinary spot for a bride-to-be, for the last few months, I have been determined to have my bridal portrats in a barn.

This weekend, my vision became a reality - and I have my co-worker/department chair/friend, Beth, to thank.  When my mother and I were first inspired by some of our favorite wedding blogs and were in need of a barn to fulfill the idea, I knew just who to ask.  Beth, my back bay girl, has lived in this sweet, peaceful area of Virginia Beach her whole life.  And while I can't imagine not being within 10 minutes of a Wendy's or certainly 20 minutes of a mall ... both my FI & I share a love of the area and have even talked about the idea to live there one day.  (Don't worry, mom, as I said ... we just talked about it.)  And Back Bay definitely has barns.

After making the drive to visit Beth & her barns, my mom, sister, & I were beyond pleased and super excited for the oppprtunity to have my portraits there.  And again, I know, it may not sound either bridal or beautiful, but I am convinced that my photographer has just the eye to pull off the idea - which, by the way, fits our wedding theme to perfection. 

Thanks Beth, for sharing your serene, special childhood home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment