Tuesday, March 8, 2011

I'm Going to the Chapel ...

And I'm Going to get MarriedOk ... so it won't be in a chapel (something my grandmother may still have issues with).  Specifically, it will be in a scenic spot in front of her sister's house.  But nevertheless, I am getting married!  And yesterday, that all became much, much more real.

With my MOH/sister & MOM/mom in tow - yesterday afternoon, I headed to my final dress fitting!  In other words, I officially have a wedding dress ... one that fits and is ready to be worn!  I mean, if the wedding were this weekend, my dress would be good to go.  I don't know about much else ... but I would have something to wear!  My sister even learned how to do the bustle and secure me safely into the dress (a surreal moment, for sure).

Even though many of my fellow bride-to-be bloggers have been known to post pictures of their wedding dress before their big day, something about that makes me really nervous.  Other than the obvious chance that Mr. BB may accidentally see it, I want it to be a surprise to everyone else too!  In honor of the final dress fitting, however, there are a few facts that I can share about my dress:

1.  It is white.
2.  It was purchased at Pure English, which, as mentioned before, is one of my new favorite stores.
3.  Speaking of purchasing ... the dress is the most expensive garment that I have ever worn, and most likely, will ever wear. 
4.  My mom, sister, & I all agreed that it was "the dress", a crowning moment that is not always the easiest to achieve. (Have you seen Say Yes to the Dress?).
5.  I really, really love it ... but more importantly, know that Mr. BB will.

So even though the dress is ready for the big day, we are obviously not ... but will be on June 25th.  Until then, it will have to wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment