Monday, March 14, 2011

I Know I'm Not the First ...

And certainly won't be the last - to have, what I refer to, as a (mini) bridal breakdown.  A bridal breakdown can be defined as a temporary relapse, in which the bride may freak out over one of the many details of her upcoming wedding, such as the invitations, menu, or dress.  And while these details will most likely work themselves out before the big day, at the moment of the breakdown, they seem to be extremely monumental and life-changing.

While I would love to play it off that I am one of those cool, calm, & collected brides-to-be, that probably isn't always the case.  I (hope) I am no bridezilla, and find myself to be completely the opposite when it comes to the food, flowers, or even the music.  But, in true fashionista style, I am particularly selective over the dress and overall style of the day.  (Perhaps more than most?!! ... )

So, as a result of my passion for fashion and desire for style on my wedding day, over the weekend, I admit it - I had a mini bridal breakdown.  And yes, it was over the dress.  Please don't think I am a whiny, unappreciative type of person ... I am beyond thankful for the many, many people who have dedicated so much time and effort towards my big day.  Which is why I now realize how silly I was to even temporarily think that the dress I will soon wear is not absolutely perfect ...

I have since come back to sanity and love my dress more than everThank you to my M-O-M and MOH for assisting in that process.  Just a small obstacle in getting to our celebration of love on June 25th ...

No comments:

Post a Comment