Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Resolution

The Burgundy Bride is laying in bed with a slight headache & thoughts of what happened to her gold blazer after a night of festivities to bring in the new year.  2010 definitely turned out to be a memorable year - and as a result of one magical February evening, 2011 will surely be just the same.  So like most others, as I reflect on the past year and look forward to the one upcoming, I can't help but think of a New Year's resolution of my own.  Cheesy, I know, and quite typical ... but I normally am and don't expect that to change in 2011.

So what is my resolution?  If the last 10 - 12 months of planning have been any indication, the next 6 are going to be crazy, hectic, stressful, overwhelming, and of course, exciting.  There will be times that it doesn't seem worth it and my patience runs thin.  But my resolution for 2011 is to savor each moment & to appreciate all of the things that so many special people in my life are doing to make my day perfect.  I am beyond lucky and want to make sure that those around me know that I realize how fortunate I am.

This is one resolution I plan to keep - so starting today, 1-11-2011, thank you to those who made 2010 so unforgettable and who I look forward to making many memories with in 2011.  Happy New Year!

1 comment: