Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Reality ...

It's always a reality check the first day back after a break.  For several reasons ... even though I seldom take advantage of sleeping in past 8:30, it is so much nicer going to sleep at night without the fear of a ringing alarm waking you up at 5.  And, as much as I love my sweet, lovely students (who, by the way, were in a state of shock upon the return from break) - a day without "Ms. Wright" being called out throughout it is always pleasant.  Lastly, with the extra time I was able to have with a week and a half off work ... I was able to check off most of the to-do list I made before my holiday break.  Here was the list (in red!):

1.  Finish DIY cones that we started at my bridesmaid dinner, and then restarted on one Sunday afternoon. - OK, so even though this happens to be the first item on the list, I must be truthful and admit that this is the one task that I did not get to.  Those cones are going to be the death of the Burgundy Bride ... they are hanging over my head and for whatever reason, the thought of continuing to work on them is intimidating and thus, I have not been able to.  Hey ... at least I am being honest.
2.  Organize & update wedding binder. (That has gotten extremely messy lately ... )  The Burgundy Bride has a new, beautifully organized green wedding binder.  With the ever increasing number of documents to be placed in the binder, I had to upgrade to a 1 1/2 inch in order to prevent the previous binder from breaking in half.  We can all only hope there is not a need for a 3 inch binder in the upcoming 6 months of planning ...

3.  Meet with day-of-wedding-planner to ................. (I am sure there is a lot that we have to talk about.)  Yes - Panera was the spot for the rather long, yet completely effective, meeting with myself, my mother, and cousin/day-of-wedding-planner in attendance.  LOTS was discussed, and I left feeling excited (for the day that is finally starting to feel real) and just a little bit overwhelmed.
4.  Schedule dates for pre-wedding events.  Dates are set, including bridal showers, bridesmaid luncheon, esc.!  Yet another check off the list that is super exciting!  I can't wait to celebrate with my nine beautiful bridesmaids before the big day! 
5.  Begin the rather daunting task of creating the invitation.  Thanks to the sudden blizzard in Virginia Beach ... my friend/bridesmaid/graphic design genius has completed the first part of the invitation!  And Mr. BB even attended the meeting to see the final result!  We LOVE it and can't wait to share it!


So, with the exception of those infamous cones, I was able to check off four out of the five items on my list.  Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.  Now only 1,247,902 items to go!

1 comment: