Thursday, January 6, 2011

Missing my Maid of Honor ...

It is no secret that I am the emotional one in the family.  My sister, although seven years my junior, has always showed an ability to "keep it together" and it is this endearing quality (and others) that, at times, makes me question who is the older one.

However, this week proves our difference in age as Lexie has been busy preparing for her return to college, an experience that I concluded 6 years ago. (I must, although, point out that when we moved her into her dorm last year I was asked twice in which dorm I was moving into myself).  Just as I did years ago, Lexie has been shopping for warm coats & decorations for her room, my Dad has taken her on the trip to Sam's Club for extra groceries, and somehow, I am sure that my grandfather is already baking cookies to send to her.  My mom's role in the process?  Even though she is trying to hide it, I know (like me) she is already emotional and is getting ready to hide in her room tomorrow so she doesn't have to see her before she leaves ...

We will miss you, Lex, but are so proud of you and how much you have grown over the past few months.  Enjoy this well deserved semester ... and don't forget about us (and your MOH duties!) back here in Virginia Beach.  We love you.

1 comment: