Tuesday, January 25, 2011

5 Months & Counting

It's official - in exactly 5 months, Mr. BB & I will be married.  That's right ... married, meaning that we will be husband & wife.  I will no longer be a Ms., but a Mrs. ... We will file our taxes together, share the same last name, and both have a ring that represents our commitment.  And let's face it ... once I am married, I will legimately be an adult.

It's still hard to believe that I am old enough for all of this, although I definitely am.  (I just googled it, and I am actually older than the 25 year old median age for women when they are married). I am beyond excited to be a wife and all that comes with it, and just hope that the cooking thing that most wives do is instinctive after the ceremony.  (I promise I have the baking thing down ... thanks to Betty Crocker & Duncan Hines ... and I must commend myself on a talent for laundry, and most recently, for ironing).

It is days like these, when The Knot emails me to remind me of my wedding date & that I am formally 5 months away, when I almost feel giddy about the future, and more specifically, the marriage that will result from this June wedding.

So,  to my FI ... Happy Five Months to go!  I can't wait to marry you and to see what lies ahead ...

No comments:

Post a Comment