Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Whole Look

It was one of my favorite days in my Fashion class today - fashion police from the Golden Globes.  Award show season - second to Christmas, my birthday, and now, June 25th - is one of the highlights of my year.  Rating the looks from the red carpet (in order, from favorite look to least favorite look), can seriously never get old, even after doing it for four classes in a row.  And, as I told each of my darling, wide-eyed impressionable young minds, we always make sure to  ... "look at the whole look, from head to toe ... that includes hair, makeup, and accesories."

Even though I often wish that I didn't care so much about the whole look (it would probably save me some money), like most other fashion-obsessed, I live for shoes & accesories.  So when it comes to planning the attire that my wedding party will adorn this June, I have certainly put thought into their whole look. 

This week, we were able to check off two more items off of our wedding to-do list, and both happen to fall under the fashion/shoes/accesories category.  The first: socks for the groomsmen.  After a few weeks of searching for the perfect pair of shoes for our groomsmen to wear under their suits, we came upon them at none other than Target.  And although it took a little bit of work (driving to a few Targets in the city) ... we were able to get 9 pairs of green/white striped socks for Mr. BB and his groomsmen.  I am sure that the picture, inspired by this one:

    Will completely be worth it.


Our other fashion find of the week?  The perfect princess flats for our adorable flower girls to wear with their plaid dresses.  Guess where?  Target again.  For only $14.99.  I knew I loved that store for a reason.


What's next on the fashion agenda?  Dashing suits for our ring bearers.  Any ideas?  We already checked Target.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment