Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Goal for June

It's a well-known fact that many brides have a goal of losing weight before their wedding.  It is so common, in fact, that each of my bridal magazines & blogs have a multitude of articles dedicated to the subject.  The purpose of today's blog entry, however, is not to express my own bridal goals over the next 6 months of planning.  Instead, I would like to show my support for my dearest dad, who has a goal of his own.

Perhaps inspired by this man? ...


My dad has set a goal to lose 25 pounds before he walks me down the aisle at my June wedding.  Lucky him - he has a wife as a personal trainer (complete with a gym), and actually, is already taking advantage of this perk by taking part in her sweafest workout tonight.  And to do my own part in helping out ... I thought I would take a tip from that personal trainer mom of mine and provide my dad some accountability by writing his goal on my blog.   

It must be said, however, that I am beyond excited (and lucky!) to walk down the aisle with my dad ... someone who I have always looked up to and who has always been there for me no matter what.  Dad - Eat as many Chick-fil-A sandwiches/bowls of Breyer's ice cream that you want. :)

Love, Your Boots #1

PS - Sorry about the comparison to Bill Clinton, this is the first and last time I will do such a thing ... but I couldn't resist. 





2 comments:

  1. along with the goal to lose 25 pounds dont forget the dance lessons. Father and daughter dance-all eyes on you-even though ashley will have the video playing in the background.( my dad practiced with me-when nobody was watching :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary is pretty good at dancing--I have had 30 years to teach him!!!

    ReplyDelete