Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Officially Registered

It's official - Mr. BB & I are registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, & Williams-Sonoma.  Similar to the wedding planning process, registering has been fun & overwhelming at the same time.  The adventure began last June with the two of us at Bed, Bath, & Beyond before our engagement party.  We obviously didn't know what we were getting into, as the trip culminated in a slight disagreement over what knife set to get.  Our rather cheerful registry consultant stopped in to check on "us lovebirds" just as Mr. BB (who she referred to as an overscanner) was attempting to scan the most expensive knife set and I was (kindly) expressing my desire for another brand.

Needless to say - the next registering experience my FI decided to sit out of.  This time, it was my mom and sister who joined me in the quest for new, quality items to replace the collection of hand-me-downs/Walmart deals that we currently have.  Here we are are at Target (with the official scanner!) ...


I truly am a expert at the scanner now! 

The registering process continued today with my last stop at Williams-Sonoma.  My good friend/bridesmaid/domestic diva Sara (a newlywed herself!) agreed to attend this trip ... and Sara is definitely not scared to scan!  Before this afternoon, I was not aware that so many kitchen items even exhisted.  Is one pan really worth $300.00?  I could get a really nice pair of shoes for that amount of money and be content eating a Smart Ones Mac & Cheese for dinner.  And if I do get that melon-baller or garlic press off my list, will I be able to figure out how to use it?!  (Sara ... looks like you will be coming over to help with this too!)

Another check off the list, and another reason why I have come to understand how this wedding planning process aids in becoming a real adult in the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment