Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wedding Rooms

Mr. BB & I are lucky enough to live in a house with two extra bedrooms besides our own.  One (formerly his brothers) serves as his office.  And although I believe I made a rather strong argument for the second spare bedroom to be an extension to my closet (a girl's dream, right?!) ... instead, it is used as our guest bedroom/bedroom for my brother when he stays at our house.  However, at the moment, both rooms have become wedding rooms.

What is a wedding room?  I like to define it as a room that houses the ever increasing amount of supplies that will be used for our June wedding.  And while these supplies started (approximately 12 months ago) in the corner of one of the rooms, the amount of wedding inventory has slowly expanded ever since ...


Exhibit A:  Mr. BB's former office; which is pretty much halfway covered in             everything from chalkboards to the cowboy hats for our rehearsal dinner!

Exhibit B:  Our guest room, which is lined with the baskets that will serve as our centerpieces & the hot pink bride bag that holds some of my favorite wedding magazines.

Exhibit C:  The other corner of the guest room, which holds sparklers for our exit, some of our beverage servers, and boxes that contain matches, postcards, esc.

Although I try to make Mr. BB feel better about the wedding rooms (and wedding!) that are taking over his life, realistically, I know that the amount of space being taken up by wedding inventory is only going to increase over the next 6 months.  The positive aspect of our wedding rooms?  They serve as a constant reminder of our June wedding and therefore make it impossible to forget all that we have to do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment