Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Bridal Boot Camp

I apologize, in advance, for the fitness theme lately, but I can't help but share the news on a bridal themed workout that lies in my future.  But first - an update on my dad's quest to lose weight for my June wedding ... As I was doing my usual 30 minutes on the ellyptical this past weekend (with the ipod on, tv blaring, and gossip magazine in hand), I was joined by none other than my father.  He ran in the door to my mom's gym, with his own ipod & workout attire, and showed me up by sharing the news that he hadn't needed a car for this trip to my mom's gym.  He had ran there!  And as if that wasn't enough, he texted me later when he was back at the gym for a second workout of the day!  Dad - your boots is proud! 

Remember when ...


And on to my own workout plans - have I mentioned how lucky I am to have a personal trainer for a mom?  Yet another reason ... as as she has agreed to head up a bridal boot camp that will involve Mr. BB & I, along with our bridesmaids & groomsmen (if they are up for the challenge!).  I am super excited about the idea - mostly for the the fact that it will be a great kick-off to our wedding festivities!

So what does a bridal boot camp consist of?  An hour long workout with bouquets & garters used as fitness equipment.  With my mom's creativity (and track record of past themed workouts), I can only imagine what we have in store. 

Thank you (I think), mom, for agreeing to help us break a sweat before the big day.  Maybe this will start a new wedding trend?  You could have your own booth at next year's bridal expo.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet picture....John remembers when.... you were this size and you and your dad came to WV for the weekend in the Celica and ended up staying for a week because of the snow. Boot camp sounds fun. I wish we had a cool gym around here...all we have is the YMCA. Have fun!!!! P.S. Way to go Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. guess I need to plan another event!

    ReplyDelete