Monday, January 31, 2011

Cupcakes, Smores, and Pies ... Oh My!

To say that I have a sweet tooth would definitely be an understatementThe truth is ... most nights, the only reason that I eat dinner is to get to dessert.  As my FI/roomie would know - I eat ice cream 7 nights a week and (beyond) thouroughly enjoy it (my favorite part is the cool whip with cinnamon on top that I put on the side!).  Furthermore - most of my friends/family would most likely say that I have a major addiction to Splenda, although I am currently attempting to switch over to Truvia, a natural sweetener, I promise.

But enough of my confessions of a dessert addict.

There will be no shortage of sweets at my June wedding.  Fellow sweets lovers, you are in luck.  Here is the assortment of desserts that will be served:

Pies - My mom's idea. She's right, nothing evokes the feeling of a backyard event quite like a pie.  Perhaps what she is most excited about, however, is the vintage, rustic stands that the pies will sit on.  They will fit in with the wedding theme perfectly.  And I am sure that they will be delicious.

Smores - Mom's idea, again.  And another good one.  Just as the sun sets (on what we hope will be a beautiful, rain-free evening), our guests will have the option of the indulging on that childhood favorite.  And again, another dessert that fits that backyard theme.  Good thinking, Mom.

Cupcakes - This one's all me.  In lieu of a traditional wedding cake, Mr. BB & I will be cutting into vanilla cupakes with brown liners & flags on top.  And although my grandmother is still a little concerned with the whole idea, this is one aspect of the wedding that I knew right from the get-go.  I have always loved cupcakes ... baking them (Betty Crocker style!), decorating them, and of course, eating them!  Is there seriously anything cuter than a cupcake?  And Momma, not to worry .... there will be a cake on top of the cupcake stand that will be reserved for our first anniversary.  Here I am at our cupcakery over the weekend, after finalizing the details:


We can only hope that after all the yummy food that my mom has been busy planning over the past few months, our guests will still be hungry enough for all of these delicious sweet treats.  However, if they are anything like me, there is always room for dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment