Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Burgundy Bride is Back ...

After a rather delightful Christmas ... one full of family, friends, yummy food & wine, board games, thoughtful gifts, and approximately 12 inches of snow in Virginia Beach.  Yes - for the first time in my 27 years of holiday celebrations - I experienced a white Christmas.  In fact, it was such a white Christmas that my silver Honda Civic is currently sitting in my driveway still covered in snow (thus obviously, undriven) three days later.  The flurries starting falling on Christmas evening and have left my hometown (one not used to more than 1 inch of snow) practically paralyzed ever since.

Of course, the first few inches of snow generated tons of joy for both Mr. BB & myself.  We drank a few celebatory momosas, rode in a friend's four wheeler in the snow, and made the typical snowman along with enough turkey chili for two days.  Last night, however, marked the first feelings of cabin fever, and we both decided to use our "time-off while stuck inside" to our advantage.

Luckily, my parents live only a neighborhood away, and we were able to drive Mr. BB's Jeep Cherokee over for a much-needed wedding meeting.  Topics discussed at the meeting, which was comprised of myself, Mr. BB, my mother, sister/MOH, and an occasional cameo of my brother and dad, included:
  • Dates of Pre-Wedding Events
  • LED Throwies (Still Don't Really Understand this ... )
  • Overall To-Do List
  • Idea for Invitations
Perhaps motivated by the start of productivity (or the fear of all that needs to be done) ... I continued in "wedding mode" when I got home and started on our slideshows for the wedding.  Can't wait to share details on our invites tomorrow!  Until then ...

No comments:

Post a Comment