Thursday, January 27, 2011

All Hands on Deck ...

I don't know that either my mom or I (the two driving forces behind my upcoming wedding) realized what we were getting ourselves into when we started the journey towards our vintage/informal/DIY backyard wedding.  Doesn't a backyard wedding convey the feeling of an event that would be somewhat easy to plan?  Wouldn't you think?  Needless to say, easy is definitely not the word for it ... fun, yes (most often).  Rewarding, I definitely think so.  And time consuming, for sure.

Luckily, we have had help from many special people who have taken time out of their busy lives to complete various DIY projects, attend meetings, and to simply offer their advice.  This week, I have been thinking about just how lucky we are. 

While Mr. BB, his mother & I attended the tasting last weekend, my mother attended a bridal meeting of her own.  This one focused on a rather comprehensive plan for the food at the wedding (details of the "food plan" to come, at this point, I probably wouldn't get it right!).  My mom, a personal trainer, was joined by several of her clients who just want to help in any way that they can.  And after that meeting, she had a second to disuss many details of the decor that we plan to have at that backyard wedding.

Thank you to those who are helping make our (sometimes crazy) vision a reality - your support is appreciated more than you know, and we definitely couldn't do it without you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment