Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Baby, It's Cold Outside ...

And I don't know if I have ever been this sick of it.  Although I am particulary fond of sweaters, boots, fur, skinny jeans, and have a current obsession with colored tights ... I am officially ready for the warm weather to return.  It is just me, or has the winter been colder than ever?  This morning, for example, was quite painful as I drove to school in a dark, rainy mess.  I could only attempt to run into 7-11 to get my morning coffee fix without being soaked from the rain & numb from the cold.  Greeting my students on a cold, rainy morning is especially hard - when I ask my usual "How are you?" as they walk in the door ... 99.9% of the responses are either tired or cold

But enough complaining ... when old man winter gets you down, the best way to cope is to look ahead.  And as I sit in my cozy bed with my personal heater blasting in my face, that is exactly what I am doing.  I have been excited ever since Mr. BB & I agreed on a possible honeymoon idea this weekend - one that may actually be in the budget.  The truth is, while we both have high hopes of tropical drinks on the beach in Antigua, that vacation may just have to wait until our first anniversary.  However, we both agree that we will honeymoon somewhere, even if it is in a tent in our backyard. 

While discussing our options with my cousin over the weekend, her solution was a trip to California, one in which we could possibly use her time share for our hotel accomodations.  While both my FI & I have traveled all over the country, neither of us have been to California and have always wanted to go.  And, more specifically, I have always had a strong desire to vacation in Napa Valley (most likely due to my love of wine, even though I am perfectly content with Trader Joes' version). 

After researching (on google) ... it seems like this could be the perfect start to our life together ... somewhere that is relaxing, romantic, beautiful, & that we have always wanted to go.  And considering our Virginia Beach weather lately, if it is over 70 degrees & I have a few days off work, I will be one happy newly-married Burgundy Bride.

1 comment:

  1. I will bring you the book this weekend and you can look on intervalinternational.com

    ReplyDelete