Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Gift from my FI

First things first ... a FI is a short term for fiance.  I wanted to make that clear for those who are not in tune with the wedding blogging lingo (which I was not until approximately 3 months ago, when this blogging adventure began.)  And by the way, the term fiance is one that I still have not gotten entirely used to, and may not by the time we are married in June and Mr. BB becomes my husband instead.

Back to the point ... my FI is extremely talented, even more talented than he realizes or is willing to admit.  He got his welding certification while in college at New River, and now owns a welding & fabrication company with his friend Josh.  For the past few years, Joe has been using his creative & artistic mind to create various pieces of art - roses made of metal, a welded fish for his dad,  wine holders that sit on our counter & our parents' counters, our nightstand and coffee table...  Remember the stump he made for my birthday?  This was yet another result of his hard work:


Well, over Christmas ... Mr. BB surprised me again with another handmade gift that will be displayed at our June wedding.  Our card box!  Complete with the same lovebirds & A&J from our save-the-dates:


Perhaps the thoughtful gift ever, and one that I can't wait to use in less than 5 months at our wedding!  I love it so much that it is already being put to use as a decoration in our dining room.  Our house has seriously become a musuem of his art work ... and I really do think that each piece gets even better than the last.

P.S.  Mr. BB's plan for the welded card box after the wedding?  Enclose the top and use it as our mailbox at our first home.  Love the idea, but guess we have to figure out how to buy that home first.  So if anyone knows of any engaged couples looking for a innovative version of a card box, I know of someone who can make a really good one!






2 comments:

  1. Sooooooooo thoughtful and creative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another major brownie point for Mr. BB! Stunning metalwork! :)
    - Chelsea :)

    ReplyDelete