Thursday, December 16, 2010

Snowed In ... Sort of ...

As I am sitting here, cozy in my bed with my space heater positioned directly in front of me ... the view from my window is the aftermath of winter storm 2010 (as they are referring to on our local news station!).  Being a Virginia Beach local, I am used to the fact that mayem occurs at the sight of the first flurry:  schools close, excited children attempt to make a snow man out of our one inch of snow, and our weatherman puts on his snowflake pin while providing 24-hour coverage.

So how did I spend my snow day off from school?  I was the first to arrive at the mall (shortly after inquiring on its adjusted holiday hours) in order to search for the perfect gifts for those left on my list.  Once safe at home, just as the snow started falling, I wrapped all of my gifts & baked holiday pound cakes for my co-workers.  Aaah, the holidays!  Truly, the most wonderful time of the year! (Second for me, now, to the month of June, which will be my anniversary!).  By the way, am I really old enough to have an anniversary?

My weekend is now free to partake in some more holiday traditions (getting the tree, baking my usual oatmeal cookies, & exchanging ornaments with my two best friends) ... and hopefully to fit in a wedding DIY project or two.  With a June wedding fast-approaching, there is no room for a complete diversion of wedding planning time!  Happy weekend, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment