Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Who Said Being a Teacher Didn't Have Perks?

I love my job ... really.  Of course, we all have of those days at work in which we would rather be anywhere else, with anyone else, and doing, simply, something else.  But for me, those days are rare and far between.  I enjoy teaching my daily fashion lessons, planning exciting shows & field trips, and of course, watching my high school juniors & seniors mature each year.  I am lucky to have a good relationship with the majority of my students - and recognize the importance of getting to know them beyond the four walls of my classroom.

As I previously posted, my students played a large part in my engagement as many of them were on stage as Mr. BB proposed to me last February. Their first response after all the screaming & excitement died down?  "Are we going to be invited to the wedding?"  ... Even as a newly engaged women with little to no knowledge in wedding planning, I was sure that my guest list wasn't going to be expansive enough to fit my 120 person roster each year.  However, my mom had the perfect way to incorporate my students into my June wedding - while providing some extra help at the same time.

A good amount of my students will be present at my wedding - completing tasks such as helping watch the kids, waitressing, and ... doing hair?!  Yes - yesterday, in between our journal & class assignment - I asked one of my very talented young ladies if she would do my hair on my wedding day.   After witnessing (first-hand) her enviable abilities at our fashion show last Thursday, I couldn't help but see if she would be willing to play such an important role.  And - she said yes

So - another check!  I am super excited to have my student (who, did I mention, is gifted in hair-do abilities!) do my hair on my wedding day.  Yet another reason I am lucky to have the job that I do!  

No comments:

Post a Comment