Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Say Yes to the Dress(es)?

Mom - DON'T FREAK OUT!  I absolutely love my wedding dress and can hardly wait to wear it this June!  The title to this blog entry is NOT meant as a start to a search for a replacement to my beautiful dress ...

However, the last couple of days, my type A brain (which is constantly racing on wedding plans, holiday to-do lists, school lesson plans, and fashion wishes, sometimes all at the same time) has been thinking about a second dress.  This dress would be worn at the end of the reception, before Mr. BB & I make our exit on the boat off the dock in my great aunt's backyard (details on our exit to come!).  Example:  When Annie Banks changes into her white suit before leaving her sweet, adorable wedding in one of my favorite childhood movies, "Father of the Bride."

Again, Mom - DON'T FREAK OUT!  You & I both know that there are several white dresses (still with tags) in my closet that would fit the bill.  We have found quite a few affordable, bride-worthy white dresses at my two favorite stores, Forever 21 and H&M since my February engagement.  (Mom:  I have one, in particular, in mind!). 

So why the sudden thoughts of a second dress?  Two reasons:

(1) Like most other fashion-obsessed ladies, I have several fashion icons, and one of them happens to be the recently married Nicole Richie.  While pictures of her wedding day look have not yet been released (I can hardly wait!!!) ... news of her three Marchesa dresses at her wedding has.  One for the ceremony, one for the reception, and another for her exit with her new husband!  Simply a second dress for me would do ...

(2)  While searching through my daily wedding blogs/websites yesterday, I came upon the most romantic wedding ... one in which the bride wore an absoutely darling reception dress.


She found it for $34.00!

What do you think?  At first - the idea of taking off my stunning, rather expensive, wedding dress for even a second on my wedding day seeemed absolutely out of the question.  But now I am warming up to the idea ... I guess time will tell. :)

1 comment: