Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Pit & The Peak

Ok.  I admit it.  I am a reality tv addict.  The mere thought of daily life without it makes me uncomfortable.  The only reason that I am so quick to admit it is because I know I can't be the only one ...If reality tv ratings weren't high, would television producers continue to come up with innovative new reality shows such as Skating with the Stars, Bridalplasty, & The Real Housewives of OC, Atlanta, New Jersey, DC, esc.?!

The reason that I am calling attention to my addiction to reality tv is this:  as a result of viewing a recent episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Mr. BB and I have started a new nightly tradition.  Last night was officially the third night of our pit & peak new tradition (I understand that 3 nights may not yet be referred to as a long-standing tradition, but we have every intention to continue).  What is the pit & peak?  The Kardashians, as children, would share the pit and the peak of their day each night at the dinner table.  Cute idea, right?!  I thought this would be the perfect way for Mr. BB & I to unwind after a long day at work.

So tonight - after my long day at work - I wanted to share the peak of my day that I shared with Mr. BB last night.  Yesterday - at approximately 1:45 PM, my sales associate (and now friend!) called to share the great news that MY WEDDING DRESS CAME IN!  I have an appointment to try it on for Friday with my mom & sister and can hardly wait until then!  The dress was ordered in July and I think I almost forgot exactly what it looks like.  And as a fashion teacher and most likely any bride would feel - I understand the importance of the dress and the significant role it plays on the wedding day. Stay tuned for details ...

Oh - and you wanted to know the pit of my day yesterday?  Ironic - it came last night when the cable went out as I was watching one of my favorite reality shows.

1 comment: