Thursday, December 2, 2010

I Said Yes to the Dress ... And Now It's In!

As another week comes to an end, I am feeling my usual euphoria at the thought of the weekend.  The motivation of two days without students or a 5 AM alarm clock & with a comfortable wardrobe of jeans/flats and extra time with my FI, family, & friends, is what gets me through most work weeks. 

But, as I mentioned yesterday, this weekend is extra special since my wedding dress (AKA: The most significant dress of my life!) has come in and I get to see it, touch it, & hold it tomorrow!  The appointment is set for 2 PM and, with my mother & sister in tow, we will be sure to arrive promptly for this ultra important appointment.

So, although I assure you that there are 1,998,245 other items on the wedding TO-DO list for the weekend ahead ... the dress seems to be the only thing on my mind.  And in honor of that dress - I thought I would share my top 5 favorite aspects of it tonight (even though we ordered the dress in June, and I haven't seen it since then, I can picture it in my mind as if it was hanging in front of me right now!):

(Mr. BB - this is yet another post in which you may not read on!)


5.  My mom & sister love the dress as much as I do.  Even after watching multiple episodes of Say Yes To the Dress,  in which Randy explained that the only person who needs to love the dress is the bride herself ... I know that I could never have chosen a wedding dress that both of them didn't love. 

4.  Speaking of family - both my dad and brother also saw & approved of the dress.  Yes - my dad and brother (who are the manliest of men) - took a break from installing granite to walk into the swanky bridal boutique in which I found the dress to watch me stand on the podium in veil & all.  My dad said the dress was beautiful right before my brother called it amazing.  It was later that night that I found out they had planned their reponses on the truck ride over from the job site before they saw the dress.  I did say they were "manly" men.

3.  The dress is more traditional than I thought it would be - and I love that.  I have mentioned before that I am a fashion teacher with a serious addiction to anything fashion.  As a result, when I first thought about my wedding dress - I pictured a trendy dress unlike one I had ever seen.  It wasn't until I started trying on dresses, dresses, & more dresses that I realized the more traditional dresses made me feel more beautiful.  Furthermore - who wants to look back at pictures of their wedding dress with that "What was I thinking?" sinking feeling ... Have you seen 80's brides?

2.  The dress fits my vintage, garden party approach to my wedding day.  On another one of my favorite wedding shows (My Fair Wedding With David Tutera)  ... he explains how the dress really is the centerpiece to the whole occasion (sorry, grooms!).  I couldn't agree more - and since the vintage, garden theme is a reflection of my personality - fitting the dress to the theme was never a problem.

1.  The dress makes me feel like a bride - and I can't wait to see Mr. BB while I am wearing it.  I know he will love it, and I seriously have dreams about the first time he sees me in it.

1 comment: