Sunday, December 19, 2010

Tis' the Season ...

To be busy!  Christmas has always been my favorite holiday ... I can't resist the sounds of holiday tunes, sights of bright lights, smells of homemade cookies, and of course, the hustle & bustle at the mall.  I have my mother's love of the winter holiday to thank for this infatuation, and even though I am now 27 years of age, I still enjoy our family traditions just the same.  However, with each year of seniority, I come to a new understanding of why some think of Christmas as more of a stressful time than a festive one.  And although it remains my favorite holiday, this year, December has come with a bit of stress and anxiety with the ever-increasing list of gifts to buy, cards to send, and celebrations to attend.

So, tonight concludes a weekend of shopping (in fact, three days in a row, to be exact), baking, & ornament-making.  I (think) I have finally checked off each special person on my "to buy for" 2010 list.  And, even though my mind has been focused on this important list, my June wedding always is on my brain ... so I wanted to share the find my mother & I had yesterday morning.  These mason jars:



Will hang on shepard hooks on the garden path that will serve as our aisle this June.  We were super excited to find them on sale (2 of my favorite words!) yesterday morning at Kirklands home goods store in our local mall.  Good work, mom!  They have been added to the ever-expanding wedding room ...

No comments:

Post a Comment