Monday, May 16, 2011

Something Borrowed ...

Something Blue, Something Old, Something New 

Even if you aren't in wedding world as I have been for the past year or so, you most likely know how the saying goes.  Even the few "good men"  in my Fashion Marketing class (relunctantly) admitted that they had heard it a time or two.   Obviously, as I expect most brides do, I will yield to the tradition on my own wedding day and will thus wear an item that meets each of the 4 standards mentioned. 
(Even though I would not consider myself highly superstitous, this is kind of like a no-brainer, right?!)

But apart from the well-known tradition, my mind has been on the term Something Borrowed more than ever lately, and some of you may even agree.  I admit that I am a sap for romantic comedies (which probably comes as no surprise), and my favorites all tend to have Reese Witherspoon, Kate Hudson, or Rachel McAdams featured somewhere in the film.  So even if I wasn't in the previously mentioned wedding world, I would have still been beyond eager to see the movie Something Borrowed, which just so happens to be a movie starring Kate Hudson & one that has a plot surrounding weddings.

So, as our conclusion to "Wedding Friday"  ... the MOB & I picked up dinner and were able to enjoy some much-needed & well-deserved relaxation while watching the movie.  And it didn't disappoint.  Kate Hudson was hilarious, as usual, and the fashion was entertaining to look at, too (in my opinion, one of the highlights of any movie).  Our only complaint was the ending ... which I won't give away ...

PS - More to come on how we will incorporate Something Borrowed ..  into our wedding.  Other than just the traditional way.   Because we are.

PPS - If you have read the book, you already know how the ending goes.  And don't you agree - should it really have ended that way?!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment