Monday, May 23, 2011

I Love Being a Girl ...

Other than the fact that we are officially at 33 days until THE DAY ... excitement is in the air after a weekend of fun-filled events.  And one of the highlights was certainly my tea-party themed bridal shower held at my grandma's house. 

I am so grateful to both my grandmother & cousin for hosting a fabulous shower, and also to the lovely ladies who came to celebrate while sipping tea & wearing some rather festive hats.  It was the perfect way to "de-stress" during our busy time & to spend my last days as a single girl.  But perhaps my favorite part of the bridal shower was the opportunity for all of the special people in my life to finally meet (after hearing so much about each other for a significant period of time).  I truly feel like this is why a wedding is so important ... it provides an avenue for all of the parts of your (busy) life to come together as one.  People from both of your extended families, work friends, parents friends, childhood friends ... can all meet. 



One of the many reasons that I love being a girl ... Mr. BB definitely didn't get the chance to sip tea with family & friends.  All he gets is that bachelor party in the woods this weekend.  I'll pass on that one.


No comments:

Post a Comment