Thursday, May 26, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away ...

But seriously, don't come back on June 25th.  Please - I know it's good luck - but I really do think that was made up to make those brides feel better about their rainy "once in a lifetime" day.  So while we keep putting it off (if you don't think about it, it's not a reality, right?!) ... both my mom & I are well aware that we need to have a rain plan in place for our June "backyard" wedding.  And if you live in Hampton Roads like me, weather is on the brain due to the rather large storm that caused flying trash cans, school closings, and (worst of all) power outages this week. 
(For the record - I really, really had a difficult time dealing with the lack of a microwave the other night - I seriously thought about asking my FI to put my Smart Ones on the grill.)

But in better news ... this weekend, I, along with 7 of my wild bridesmaids, will get to leave the crazy weather behind for my bachelorette weekend in Charlotte, North Carolina.  And yes, there is a theme, and it is Ashley's Wild Bachelorette Weekend ... complete with a leopard print invitation, animal print "goodie" bags for the girls, & animal print attire for all.  Here is a reminder of the shoes that will adorn my own toes:




And as I stated before, how can you not have a good time in those?!

Stay tuned for pictures from what is sure to be a memorable weekend ... in the meantime, we will be getting wild in Charlotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment