Wednesday, May 11, 2011

His & Hers

It's true, in less than 2 months, I will have a rather sparkly new addition to my left hand.  Perhaps even better, Mr. BB will have his own symbol of commitment encircling his ring finger.  In other words, today, we ordered our wedding bands!  And just as I have felt on several other occasions over the past couple of months - this whole "married" thing feels a lot more real.  Deliriously real!

It was a no-brainer where to purchase our bands (therefore any stalling of this "check off the list" was due to a lack of funds rather than any uncertainty).  Any jewelry I have recieved from my FI (including my engagement ring) has been from Baker's, a jewelry store owned by a family friend.  But when we went over the weekend to make it offiicial... I seriously think my heart skipped a beat when I looked down to see Mr. BB's finger with a band wrapped around it.  Due to my love of fashion, before meeting my better half, many often assume that he shares my passion for clothes, accesories, and "purchasing" in general.  However, the statement "Opposites Attract" must have some truth, because that couldn't be farther from our reality.  While certainly handsome, my FI leaves the glitz & glamour to me.  Therefore, June 25th will mark the first day I see him adorned with an accessory .... and gosh, I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment