Wednesday, May 25, 2011

ONE MONTH ...

Yes, it's true.  There is exactly one month until the day that I will officially become Mr. BB's wife.  And I am really ready.  Of course, we have some (and then some) loose-ends to tie up ... and therefore need every minute of the 30 days ahead ... but when it comes to being mentally prepared, I am 100% there.  So, now that I am about to be a wife, (which, by the way, I still don't believe I am old enough to be called!), what am I most excited for? ...

1.  My new last name.  Ever since my fiance and I first started dating (I mean "going out") in high school, I have really loved his last name.  As embarrassing as it is, I still remember coloring it in the sides of my notebook paper in study block.  And now that I am older and it actually is a reality ... I am even more anxious to have a last name that has two syllables (harder for my students to shout out throughout each day) & is closer to the beginning of the alphabet.  Not that, dad, I am not a fan of the last name that has taken through the first 27 years of my life.

2.  The extra amout of time we are about to have.  Eighteen months of planning is a long time, to say the least.  And while we have certainly enjoyed it, and the many highlights & memorable moments we have had along the way  ... I don't think anyone would argue that the additional time we are about to have back will be a much-needed relief.  And when I say anyone, I am referring to the many members of our family & friends who have dedicated so much of their busy lives to our special day.  We look forward to spending some time relaxing with you all.

3.  Just Being MARRIED.  Even though I don't technically know it yet, I am assuming that there is something very comforting about being married.  And I really am so excited.  Mr. BB & I have obviously been together, and even living together (Sorry, Momma) ... for a really long time now, but I know that the day when I will actually be able to call him my husband will be extra special.  And something that will last a lifetime.  That is something I am beyond ready for ... and I never needed 18 months to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment