Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Our "Friend - Ors"

The past 18 months have been jam-packed with meetings, appointments, and visits to places that we certainly did not have a need to stop into before.  We have been introduced to a new world that we previously did not even know existed ... one that keeps many, many people employed, has its own "lingo," and that is simply massive.  My mom & I often talk about how the bridal business is one of very few that doesn't seem to be affected by a bad economy.  After all, even when finances are tight, most women aren't willing to give up on that wedding that they have been dreaming of since they were little.  (However, I must admit that the wedding that will be my own in June is hardly one I could have ever imagined as a little girl ... )

But to my point ... which is that throughout this entirely new experience, we have met many special people who have truly been incredible to work with.  My mom & I are beyond grateful for their hard work & dedication to our vision, and have truly made memories that we won't forget.  Our vendors are people who started out as strangers and have ended up as friends.  (Cheesy, I know ... but we really do feel like we were fortunate with the people who have surrounded us while working on the special day. )

The day of the wedding will obviously be a crazy one, so we plan to make sure that our new "friend-ors" are entirely prepared.  It is sure to be a long one, and obviously, we know that anything can happen.  So I have spent the past couple of weeks working on "vendor bags" that will be given to each of the many people who will be helping us on our wedding day in June.  What will we include in our bags?!  Some of it just happens to be pictured below ...






No comments:

Post a Comment