Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Rehearsal Dinner in (Cowboy) Boots

Why is it that no one ever tells you, upon your engagement, that you have to think about planning a rehearsal dinner - in addition to your ceremony & reception?  So in essence - you are planning three events rather than just the one that is most thought about.  And not to mention - planning must go into all of the prior events as well, such as the bachelorette party, bridal shower, bridesmaid luncheon, esc.  NOT THAT I AM COMPLAINING ... I recognize how lucky I am to have such a loving family & friends to celebrate this exciting moment with us, that I am creating most of this extra planning on my own, and that I will (secretly) miss all of this when I am a married woman! 

*However, on a side note, I am currently considering proposing a "wedding planning leave" for the work force (Much like a maternity leave for pregnant moms-to-be, but instead, for brides!)  Genius, right?!  I wonder what my boss will think?!

So back to the point - being the type A/creative mind that I am - I have certainly put some thought into the night before my June 25th garden wedding day.  And Mr. BB's parents (my future in-laws) have been understanding with my somewhat eccentric personality and thus desire to have a "different/creative" rehearsal dinner.  I wanted the night to reflect the mood of the wedding ceremony & reception, and therefore could not think of a better place than a local barn, of course!  And much to my satisfaction (and surprise!), they do have barns available to rent  in Va. Beach for events such as ours!  I am super happy with the venue we have chosen (as you can see from my face below!) ...


Inside @ the Picnic Tables - Where Our Guests will Sit!
(Columns behind are the perfect blank canvas for decorating!)

Other Side of the Barn - The Bar
(Most Likely the Most Visited Spot of the Night)

Mr. BB & I outside by the petting zoo - which will be open the night of our dinner!

After my mom & I visited the Hunt Club Farm  - we knew it would be the perfect place!  And Mr. BB and his mom came back to visit and were also impressed!  Visions of cowboy boots, red tulle & plaid are already dancing in my head .... More inspiration for the rehearsal dinner to come soon ...

No comments:

Post a Comment