Tuesday, November 2, 2010

9 Bridesmaids = 1 Lucky Burgundy Bride

Leave it to me to be over the top.  And luckily, this time (for once!), my FI agreed to be over the top with me.  Immediatly after Mr. BB proposed to me on stage last February (have I shared this story?!), I knew who I wanted to stand next to me as my bridesmaids on our special day.  Even though integral details such as the SIZE of the wedding, PLACE where we would get married, or TIME OF YEAR had not yet been discussed ... it was never an option for me to not have these nine lovely ladies as a central part of my wedding day.  And yes, as mentioned before, I do realize that a total of nine bridesmaids is an extremely large wedding party ... but as soon as Mr. BB realized he had nine groomsmen to ask without having to involve our mail-man or neighbor across the street ... there was no turning back.

I wanted to ask my girls in a special way, so as hard as it was, I didn't immediatly ask ANY of them.  Instead, I spent my afternoons writing them each a letter.  It took some time - and there were SEVERAL instances in which I almost let the "icing off the wedding cake" (get it - instead of cat out of the bag?!!) ... but the wait was completely worth it.  After all the letters were complete, I mailed each bridesmaid their letter, along with the following collage ...


Which revealed all nine of my FABULOUS ladies!  Then it was time to wait for their phone calls/responses!  So fun!  I certainly am one lucky Burgundy Bride.

2 comments: