Thursday, November 18, 2010

A Bowl of Chili With the Girls ...

So as another week comes to an end (and the countdown to my June wedding gets closer), I, as usual, get anxious for the well-deserved weekend.  It is the thought of relaxing and spending time with my family & friends that gets me through most work weeks, and I was especially motivated this week by the plans to spend Sat. night with my lovely bridesmaids.  I had sent them the following invitation a couple of weeks ago:



I recently had the opportunity to pick up their bridesmaid dresses (as stated on a previous post), and was super excited to give them their pear colored, strapless dresses that they will wear in June.  And after initially planning to take each dress by their house, I decided it was a better idea to have a girls dinner & make a night of it.  (Who doesn't jump at the chance to have yummy food & drinks with your girls?!)  So after my mom agreed to make season-friendly turkey chili in her crock pot, and I planned to get the (bottles of) wine ... I have been looking to our first "bridesmaid dinner" ever since!  And if you noticed that I said first, it was not by accident - I hope that we are able to have more nights such as this in the upcoming months before the big day.  I recognize the importance of my bridesmaids, and know that the day would not be the same without each of them standing next to me after I walk down the aisle.

My mom and I are also taking this opportunity (and advantage of the extra hands!) to complete one of our many DIY projects for the wedding.  Stay tuned for pictures on Monday ...  

1 comment:

  1. I am so sad to have missed it due to the flu! I hope there are many more to come!!!!

    ReplyDelete