Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Lesson in Blogging ...

While I am completely aware that I am hardly an expert in blogging ... today, I took the opportunity to share the details of my new hobby with my students.  As mentioned in a previous post, I am a Fashion Marketing teacher and actually got engaged with many of my students in attendance at the fashion show I produce each year.  Since that memorable Feb. night, my students have been on this "wedding-planning" journey with me. I am constantly updating them with wedding details including DIY projects, fashion choices for my BIG day, and plans for the rehearsal dinner.  And since this blog has become one of the highlights in my OTHER current occupation (wedding planner/bride)- I decided that theburgundybride.blogspot should be no exception.

Today, my students learned the definition/meaning/purpose of a "blog" ... something that I learned myself just a few months ago.  I even pushed that giant computer cart into my classroom so they could each go online themselves ... and it didn't hurt that I ended up with a new total of 29 followers as a result!  :)

When my students get excited about all of the details for my June garden wedding, it gets me that much more anxious for the day to get here!  I can't wait to incorporate them into them into such a special day!

Details on how they will be incorporated to come ...

1 comment: