Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bachelorette Party Bound ...

As I mentioned in a previous post, although I lived 27 good years without one time down the aisle as a bridesmaid, I am now getting a lot of practice at the role.   In between the time of my engagement and wedding, I will serve as a bridesmaid twice, and then once again a few months after I become a wife myself.  After successfully serving as one of my friend Sara's attendants in Oct. (she is now hitched & happy!) ... it is now on to bride #2 ... my sorority sister, Karie, who lives in Charlotte, NC.

This weekend marks the beginning of Karie's festivities - and tomorrow I will head to Charlotte to help her celebrate her last weekend as a single lady!  I am super excited to see her and am almost more anxious for this weekend than her wedding (is that wrong?!).

My sister/maid of honor is planning my own "Last Fling Before the Ring" for this May.  My fabulous crew of bridesmaids will join me in traveling to Charlotte for a weekend of festivities before I am officially married off to Mr. BB.  And since I am a creative mind who always loves a theme - I have already been brainstorming ideas with my sister ... our current favorite is a get wild theme!  The girls will wear some sort of animal print and the invitations could look something like this:



With my name instead, of course!  Am I the only one who loves invitations?!  I must admit it - a cute invite like this gets me that much more eager for the event!

And lastly, what will I wear to such an event?  Not quite sure yet - but I did find these fabulous shoes at Nordstrom:


Jessica Simpson Waleo Pump from Nordstrom, $99.95


Could't think of a better pair of shoes for that Last Fling Before the Ring with your girls!  What do you think of the theme/invite/shoes?!!

  Off to Charlotte to commemorate Karie's final single days - be back on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment