Sunday, November 7, 2010

Blogging in Bed


Our Bachelorette, Karie



The Bachelorette & Her Bridesmaids

So I am "blogging in bed" (a term I haven't used before!) right now after a celebatory weekend in Charlotte, NC.  And as you can see from the pictures above - it was a success!  Our bachelorette and future bride (less than 5 weeks to go, Karie!) ... truly experienced a weekend she won't ever forget.  And now - complete with these treasured memories and a variety of lingerie - she is officially ready to be a bride!

While discussing last-minute details on the phone Friday before I departed for the exciting event - Karie made a comment that made me realize how meaningful the tradition of bachelorette parties really is.  When describing how eager she was for the weekend, Karie shared her realization that "this was the only time she would have her 7 best friends tearing around the city with her for a whole weekend without any other distraction."  I agreed - we will all OBVIOUSLY be front & center for her big day this December - but at the wedding, her attention will have to be shared with her other guests as well.  (Oh yeah - and maybe her husband, too?!!)  Needless to say - this weekend provided a one-time opportunity to have much needed girl time and to get to know the important women from all the various phases of Karie's life. 

It is crazy to think that the next time I will be in Charlotte for a bachelorette party it will be my own.  This weekend proved to make me that much more anxious!  Charlotte is an ideal place for a bachelorette party - and we definitely took advantage of the nightlife & yummy restaurants that the city has to offer! :)

More to come tomorrow ... my mom completed a big check off our list this weekend while I was in Charlotte and I can't wait to share it with you! 

1 comment: