Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Feeling Fortunate

An apology is in order for the lack of post yesterday ... and for the record, I had every intention of a full post and was ready to write it when I returned home from school.  That was until I was greeted by a rather pesky virus on my Pink Dell Laptop - and soon after, had a mental breakdown at the thought of life without a computer placed conveniently by my bedside table.  (Is anyone else absolutely addicted to their computer - to the point where a world without it seems almost unbearable?!) Luckily - Mr. BB, who, was most likely motivated by fear of dealing with my world without that laptop - was able to successfully fix my computer last night and as a result, my Tuesday afternoon has been much better than my Monday one was.

The post I had planned to write yesterday was going to include details of my "bridesmaid dress dinner" this past weekend.  As I shared last week, I had invited my bridesmaids over to my mother's house for a seasonal dinner of chili & wine.  The reason?  To get their beautiful (if I do say so myself!) dresses that they will wear this June!  Here is how my creative mother displayed their dresses at her home (which, by the way, is already adorned in Christmas decorations - impressive or what?!) ...


The Jim Hjelm, Pear Color Dresses my 9 Bridesmaids will Wear in June
(Only Ones are Displayed for those In-Town Maids)


My MOH (& Sister) With Her Dress

The night was the perfect chance to unwind during such a stressful time with those special ladies who will be by my side this June.  It was the ideal opportunity to share some of the details we have been working on - and, additionally, to get a head-start on one of our many DIY projects for my June garden wedding.  Stay tuned for details ...

I can't overstate how lucky I feel to have so many supportive people in my life - those whoo are able to rescue me when I need to take a virus off my computer, make chili in a crock pot, or to simply be there to laugh on a Saturday night.  Thank you for making me one happy burgundy bride. :)  I am truly fortunate.


1 comment: