Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Wedding Party Weekend EXTRAVAGANZA!

As I mentioned in a previous post, my FI & I have a rather large wedding party - 9 bridesmaids, 9 groomsmen, 3 flower girls, & 2 ring bearers to be exact.  I guess it is fitting for us, since Mr. BB's high school senior quote was "Go Big or Go Home?" ... Didn't know I had such a good memory, did ya, honey?!!

And much like any other bride & groom, that large wedding party consists of family and friends from the many phases of our lives, and those who live both near and far from our hometown of Va. Beach.  So when Mr. BB's brother/best man suggested a wedding party weekend get-away,  we jumped at the chance.  Who wouldn't appreciate a relaxing weekend with those closest to you, and the opportunity to allow those special people to get to know each other better?  Throughout my wedding planning process, and especially through that of my recently married friends, I have gained a better understanding of what a wedding can really provide for a couple.  Other than that "piece of paper" and obviously "the best party of their life" ... a wedding provides an avenue for your true support system (those around you) to stabilize and to get to know each other better.  And it is truly that support system, and the bond that you have with each other, that will create that "happily-ever-after" ending that we all hope for!

Our wedding-party-weekend getaway is officially scheduled for Super Bowl weekend!  And look at the fancy house we found:



I couldn't think of a better place to kick-off the new year - and the countdown to our June wedding! 

How important do you think it is for "pre-wedding" festivities? 

1 comment: