Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Survival ... Of the Bridesmaids

Disclaimer:  If you are one of my 9 stunning, caring, & delightful bridesmaids ...
PLEASE DO NOT READ ON!  
(Come on, if Mr. BB isn't always aloud ... neither are you!!) 



After several years planning of fashion shows (specifically with high school females as models), I am well versed in the saying "Better safe than sorry." I have been saved (more times than one) by a secret stash of safety pins, hair spray, and the always handy lint roller.  In fact, this year in my classroom, I introduced the Fashionista Survival Kit, complete with a needle & thread, and decorated in zebra print ... and have found that students who I don't even teach or know will stop by in the event of a fashion emergency.

So with one of the most important days in my own life quickly approaching ... I am well-aware that the chance of an "unforseen bump in the road" is pretty high.  And being the Type-A, perhaps overplanned girl that I am, I am aiming to aid in these circumstances in any way that I can.  Thus ... the Bridesmaid Survival Kit was born.  (OK ... I can't lie ...  I also got a little inspiration from some of my favorite wedding blogs).

The purpose of the Bridesmaid Survival Kit is to aid in creating a memorable, stress-free day for each of my 9 bridesmaids (who, by the way, are not only my closest friends & family members, but have been an integral part of this entire process).  Over the past week, I have been collecting the ingredients to what I think would make the perfect kit, and am very satisfied with the final product ... (And also gratified that I now have another check off my list!).


What Went Into the Bags ...

One of the 9 Final Bags ...

All of the Bags ... Which Will Now Be Added To the Ever-Expanding "Wedding Room"
(Sorry, Honey!)

The Poem Included In the Bags ... Which I realize you cannot read ...

Although I do enjoy writing (as evidenced by my blog), I also cannot take full credit for this poem.  Many of its parts were "borrowed" from some of my favorite bloggers (thank you ... I recognize that none of you know me or about my wedding, and therefore, know that I am currently writing this blog ... but thanks anyways.)

This survival kit was made just to say,
I am so glad you are beside me on my special day!
It includes a granola bar if you need a sugar high,
And some tissues just in case you should cry.
Chap stick to help you care for your smile,
If your nail should break, I've included a file.
Sanitizer is there, but don't get it on your dress,
And gum to keep your breath minty fresh.
Take the Tylenol & drink water if its ill that you feel,
There are band-aids for those sexy floral high heels.
I hope I have put everything in this handy pack,
To let you know that this bride has got your back!
This "Survival Kit" was made so you will see
How much you really mean to this Bride-To-Be!







No comments:

Post a Comment