Thursday, April 7, 2011

It was Hershey's For Her ...

So last week at this exact time, I was frantically stampeding the streets of NYC (with students in tow), in search of a few special items to bring back with me.  Yes, I realize I am supposed to be saving money for a rather big event that will occur in less than 3 months ... but I am a true (sometimes spoiled) daddy's girl and was quite fortunate to be given a little spending money when he dropped both my mom & I off at the airport.  And I do believe my mom was given a little allowance too ...

New York shopping is like no other.  And as a true shopper/fashion lover should - I don't waste a minute when there is limited time to find that perfect dress or the ideal pair of shoes that will change your wardrobe completely.  Even when I am tired and can hardly keep my eyes open from meeting each of my 30 students needs ... the pure energy of New York and all it has to offer keeps my adrenaline pumping.  I could seriously shop for a week straight.

So what were my favorite purchases  - each that had to be stuffed into my luggage that was already 38 lbs. at the Newport News airport before departure?  Of course, there are a few ... but undoubtably, my favorite are a precious pair of denim ankle wrap platform sandals (that happen to give me approximately 4 1/2 inches in height). 

My mom's favorite purchase?  Like the good wedding planner she is, it is certainly wedding related.  In addition to discovering some charming t-shirts (we definitely differ in our fashion needs) ... after some searching, my mom was able to find the Hershey bars for the smores that we will serve at our backyard wedding.  Where else but the Hershey's store in Times Square?



The Store Where Our Search Ended ...

The Result of the Adventure!

The only downfall to the major find?  Carrying on the box of Hershey Bars since my mom couldn't pack them in her suitcase (they could break!) ... and as previously posted, the carry-on bags stayed with us longer than expected!  These smores better be worth it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment