Monday, April 25, 2011

Back to Reality ...

It is definitely tough getting back to work after 5 days off, especially when the majority of those days provided us with clear, sunny blue skies & warm temperatures.  As I blogged prior to my week of vacation, this spring break was not going to be as relaxing as in years past, mainly because I was going to use my extra time to get some much-needed checks off our infamous Wedding To-Do List, and luckily, we were able to accomplish just that.  As a result, there are lots of updates that I could write about today, but one certainly sticks out in my mind ...

I've said it before - I am "that girl" who is constantly taking pictures and loves a good photo to commemorate a fun event or even just a standard dinner on a Saturday night.  I admit it, those few times that I have forgetten my bright orange Canon camera at home, my FI has to deal with my constant complaints and somehow, we just don't have as much fun. 

So it is no surprise that my bridal portaits were one of the pre-wedding events that I was looking forward to most.  Mostly, I was delighted to have the opportunity to put on the dress! ... the veil(s), shoes, and accesories, have my hair & make-up done, and obviously, to see the pictures afterwards.  It was a "trial run" before the big June 25th day!

How did it go?  The first part (the look) far exceeded my expectations ... I felt just like I a bride should and now, I am that much more anxious for Mr. BB to see me walk down the aisle.  The second part (the pictures) are still a work in progress, meaning that I have only seen one sneak peek from my photographer & the ones taken in that orange Canon camera.  But even if I did have them, they would have to stay a secret!  (Come on, Kate Middleton hasn't even released the name of the designer of her dress!). 

Here a few of what you can see ...


Picking up THE DRESS the day before ...
with my favorite wedding shop owner, Helen!
Getting my makeup done by my faithful bridesmaid, Sara!

A SNEAK PEEK ...

PS - I do realize that it is a bit of a stretch to compare the secret of my dress to the one that will be worn by the future Queen of England ... but we are both getting married in Spring 2011.  So I had to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment