Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A Sneak Peek: Part Two

The actual mailing of our invites was a big deal for us (like a really, really big deal) for many reasons ...

Here are a few of them:

  • As previously posted, there were many, many people who helped in the final creation of our vision.  The final product would never have occured without the hard work & dedication of each & every "hand" that played a part.  (I know, it is crazy to think that so many people are needed for a paper product that ultimately fits into one envelope ... )  A heartfelt thank you to each of you.
  • Other than the actual day of the wedding, the invitation was most likely the biggest check on our to-do list.  Creating each element took immense planning & thought (all done by the MOB) ... and the fact that they are now "set free in the mail world" is really gratifying.  All of that hard work paid off - if nothing else, for my mom & I, because we really were able to complete a vision that she conceived.   (On a side note ... my mom seriously said "Our babies are gone" as we were pulling out of the post office.) 
  • Sending out the invites definitely makes this whole "wedding ceremony/reception thing" seem more real.  Oh yeah, and the fact that after that "thing" ... I will be married ... another big deal.  An exciting deal ... but a big one, nonetheless!


So because yesterday's mailing was such a rewarding moment for us, I thought it deserved two posts.  And two sets of pictures too (I told you I am "that girl" who always has her camera!) ...


Outside of the Post Office ...

My mom adding the "final touches" ...

Getting ready to "set them free" ...

Satisfied! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment