Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Passport is Packed. I'm Prepared.

But unfortunately, that only makes one of us.  In less than 3 weeks, the plan is for my new husband & I to embark on our honeymoon in Freeport, Bahamas.  And after 18 months of planning, the vacation is one that is sure to be completely necassary & well-deserved.  I have seriously been having dreams of us sitting on the beach, sipping cocktails with pretty umbrellas strategically placed in them, for weeks now. 
But those idealic thoughts may have to be placed on hold for just a minute ...  

Mr. BB & I went to apply for our passports approximately a month ago, and (especially) after attempting to joke with the lady who was assisting us with the matter, realized how serious this process was.  But with a lot on both of our minds with an upcoming wedding to plan, we both didn't devote much thought to the need for a passport after applying for them that day.  That was until last week, when I casually went by our mailbox after school to find ...


A FedEx Envelope ... Containing My Passport, Complete with the Official Book that Surrounds It.

And then immediatly placed it in my bag that holds many of the other items that will come with me on my honeymoon.

  So yes, it was an exciting moment that made our impending "escape" more of a reality.  That was until I noticed that my FI didn't have a beautiful FedEx envelope like mine, but instead a rather small, lightweight letter placed to him from the same return address my big envelope had.  And I immediatly thought back to high school, when you were applying to colleges, and you knew that the heavy letters meant good news and the lightweight ones were just the opposite.

It wasn't good news.  Mr. BB had been denied - that is until he submits a birth certificate with the correct embossed seal from the state.  So since then, we have submitted (in fact, overnighted) the correct record of his birth.  Now, we are just waiting for his FedEx envelope to arrive.

In the meantime, anyone up for a trip to the Bahamas?  Keep in mind - You have to have a passport.

No comments:

Post a Comment